Today was both exciting and somewhat overwhelming. I was called to be President of the Lyman Ward Relief Society and was set-apart for that calling at church today. The counsellors who will be working with me in this presidency are amazing ladies and it is an honor that they will continue to serve in those positions as both of them still have children at home so the time committment is a huge sacrifice. I am especially excited about the new secretary, too. She is a young mother with little ones at home so she'll bring a youthful perspective to our meetings. She is so eager to learn her responsibilities and help the sisters in our ward. I am so pumped, so excited to work with these ladies!Quentin and Felicia were able to travel up for the weekend and it was good to have them here - they even assembled a cheesecake! I always enjoy spending time with Quentin and I am enjoying getting to know Felicia better ... she is a spunky little gal!
3 comments:
What a great honor. You will do a good job in this position. Congradulations and good luck with your new position.
I dont know whether to congratulate you or pitty you!! :) I know that you will do a great job, but I also know that it is a ton of work!! Have fun and good luck!
I am sure you will do a good job. Just remember to turn to the lord for your concerns. I think you will be amazed at how the Lord will use you as an instrument and how much you will be prompted to help out the women in your ward. Sorry we couldn't be there.
Post a Comment